Targa Roof Mechanism
Powered retractable bimini to suit “Targa” styled hardtop.
Once released at the fore the Bimini retracts to the aft arch and is stowed uniformly to convert the cockpit to an open top. When closed the bimini provides full waterproof cover to the cockpit.
- Roof mechanism capable of accommodating considerable movement and build variation in parent structure of yacht.
- Clear width of opening 1.5 – 3 metres
- Clear length of opening 1.5 – 3 metres
- Opening speed nominal 5 metres per minute
- Low maintenance, self lubricating,
- self cleaning tracks and cars. Highly polished 316SS
- Carriage construction Non Hygroscopic plastic
- Type 316 stainless steel cable system, (7 x 19 construction.)
- Motor gear box unit :-
- 12 or 24 volt available
- Fixed ratio gearbox
- Protected IP54 unit
- Electrical control box rated IP66
- Limit sensors fore and aft
- Electrical overload safety trip
- Operated by 2 way rocker switch mounted on the dashboard – customer supplied
- Remote control option available
- Unit weight 65 Kgs. based on 3 metres x 2.5 metres (excluding canvas)
- Canvas supplied by customer or ask Makefast to quote.
- Core system is designed to accommodate build variation, extremes of temperature and weather, and structural movement of the boat whilst at sea.
- Extensive salt spray and function testing is carried out
- 2 year warranty period from date of (full details available).
Photos courtesy of Motion Yachts BV.